Paid & Free Press Release Submission Sites (for 2021) | Publicize
The fee-charging platforms, particularly the market leaders, offer enormous reach into major news and media outlets. However, these services can be very expensive and don’t guarantee results.
Publicize also offers a press release submission service. See how we stack up against our competitors:
The pros and cons of press release distribution services
As discussed above, there are two ways of sending out a press release to get media coverage. One is to send it directly to journalists, while the other is to use one or more press release submission sites.
The benefits of using a submission site, versus sending a press release directly to journalists, are the following:
- It’s super quick; you don’t need to find journalist email addresses nor write a personalized pitch to each of them
- You can get instant access to the world’s largest media organizations
- Some platforms allow you to target a specific niche or industry
- Platforms often syndicate press releases, increasing your visibility
However, there are some downsides to these platforms, when compared to pitching press releases directly to journalists:
- From our experience, we get better media coverage results when pitching a press release directly to a journalist
- You don’t get direct access to journalists, so can’t build up relationships with the press
- As discussed above, the SEO benefit, in terms of backlinks, is now negligible to none
How to do a press release submission
If you’re using one of these press release distribution services, then the actual submission is super easy. Most services allow you to simply copy-and-paste your content into an online text editor, then upload any multimedia that you want to include. You can then add hyperlinks and other functionality before you publish it.
And in terms of outreach, most of the premium services will let you choose which types of publications you want to target.
What are the best practices to submit news releases successfully?
Your submitted news release has the best chance of being successful if you take into account the recipient.
Think about the best time of day to send your news release to a specific journalist, relative to their timezone and schedule. Personalized emails, as well, go a whole lot further than copy-pasted emails, and journalists can see these coming a mile away. If your news release is submitted in a structured and engaging way, you’ll give yourself the best chance of being published.
What happens once I publish a press release onto a submission site?
Your press release will appear ‘as is’ (i.e. a carbon copy of what you wrote) on the platform that you submitted it to. It’s then distributed to relevant news and media organizations. This is when the magic happens.
If a journalist and/or publication is interested in the story, they’ll pick it up and run with it in one of two ways:
- Publish it ‘as is’ on their own publication. This is literally a copy-and-paste of the press release that you wrote.
- A journalist will write it up into an article, using quotes and other information contained in the press release.
Our list of paid press release submission websites 2021 (which we think are the best)
|Name||Prices from||Description||Key Features|
|Newswire||$149 per domestic press release and $1,649 for per global press release||One of the|
and influencer marketing.
Reuters and AP outreach, as
well as the
include a range of multimedia
Analytics is also available to
track campaign success.
|PR Newswire||Around $1,000|
|Claims to have|
the largest press release
social channels, but with such
comes a high
|Access to 4,000 websites, 3,000 media outlets,|
and 550 news
content systems. Embed
and audio clips. And campaign
|Business Wire||Around $800|
|Claims to offer|
global coverage, reaching more
media outlets in 162 countries.
corporates who need to comply with regulatory requirements
categories, along with a global
in more than 20 languages.
|24-7 Press |
|$19 to $389 per |
|Specialist press release|
service for small to medium-size businesses,
operating since 2004.
posts a press
release to their website, while
the higher tiers distribute it
across AP, and
1000s of media
Multimedia can also be
can be tailored
for any client
and any type of outreach.
|Outreach can be targeted at|
media or speciality media. Also
tailored towards investor
meet regulatory filing and
|Globe Newswire||Data not|
|North American and European|
service, focusing on media and
|Allows a large|
content to be
press releases aswell as media
monitoring and analytics.
|Pressat||£110 per |
distribution and guaranteed
engine indexing and analytics.
|PR Underground||$49.99 to $199 |
operating at the more affordableend of the market.
sent to Google
News and 80
NBC, as well as
|eReleases||$299 to $499 per press release||Press release distribution site that tries to offer the best value for money. It offers all new customers a $100 discount on its Buzz Builder plan.||Releases are up to 400 words and are sent to over 4700 syndicated submission sites.|
Our list of free press release submission sites (fully updated for 2021)
|Key Features||Moz Domain |
|Online PR News||Probably the most established out of all the free press release submissions sites. They offer a freemium model, where the most basic press release package is free.||The basic|
package allows users to publish a press release
for 90 days on
|PR.com||Similar model to Online PR News,where the most basic package is free.||The free|
distribution on pr.com,
some third partyand news sites and RSS feeds.
freemium press release
service, with themost basic
free to use.
|The free service allows|
|PR Log||It’s a pretty|
site (by which I mean very
dated), but it’s
|The free service distributes pressreleases onsite, across search|
engines, social media and RSS
|Press Release |
|As per the|
above, this site
is now looking alittle bit dated,
but it offers a
|The free service allows you to|
press release to 20 PR sites.
|PR Fire||Allows any user to create an|
publish a press
release with it’s free press
|The free service is pretty limited, as it only|
press release on its own
platform, which is then indexed by Google.
|Newswire Today||The basic|
submissions, but with very
publishes press releases onto
their site and
basic RSS feeds.
|PR Sync||This service is|
completely free, with the
platform relyingon its
stories to the
|This is a|
platform, rather than a
- ^ Ultimate Startup Press Release Guide (publicize.co)
- ^ press release template and examples (publicize.co)
- ^ general consensus (www.searchenginejournal.com)
- ^ earning beneficial backlinks (blog.linkody.com)
- ^ fed up (searchengineland.com)
- ^ nofollow (www.wordstream.com)
- ^ link equity (moz.com)
- ^ PR and SEO (publicize.co)
- ^ blog post (publicize.co)
- ^ Ultimate Startup Press Release Guide (publicize.co)
- ^ video from Newswire (www.newswire.com)
- ^ press release submission service (publicize.co)
- ^ journalist email addresses (publicize.co)
- ^ Newswire (www.newswire.com)
- ^ $149 per domestic press release and $1,649 for per global press release (www.newswire.com)
- ^ PR Newswire (www.prnewswire.com)
- ^ Business Wire (www.businesswire.com)
- ^ 24-7 Press (www.24-7pressrelease.com)
- ^ Release (www.24-7pressrelease.com)
- ^ $19 to $389 per (www.24-7pressrelease.com)
- ^ release (www.24-7pressrelease.com)
- ^ MarketWired (www.marketwired.com)
- ^ Globe Newswire (www.westuc.com)
- ^ Pressat (pressat.co.uk)
- ^ £110 per (www.pressat.co.uk)
- ^ submission (www.pressat.co.uk)
- ^ PR Underground (www.prunderground.com)
- ^ $49.99 to $199 (www.prunderground.com)
- ^ per release (www.prunderground.com)
- ^ eReleases (www.ereleases.com)
- ^ Online PR News (onlineprnews.com)
- ^ PR.com (www.pr.com)
- ^ PR Free (www.prfree.org)
- ^ PR Log (www.prlog.org)
- ^ Press Release (www.pressreleasepoint.com)
- ^ Point (www.pressreleasepoint.com)
- ^ PR Fire (www.prfire.co.uk)
- ^ Newswire Today (www.newswiretoday.com)
- ^ PR Sync (prsync.com)
- ^ TAKE THE QUIZ (publicize.co)
Source URL: Read More
The public content above was dynamically discovered – by graded relevancy to this site’s keyword domain name. Such discovery was by systematic attempts to filter for “Creative Commons“ re-use licensing and/or by Press Release distributions. “Source URL” states the content’s owner and/or publisher. When possible, this site references the content above to generate its value-add, the dynamic sentimental analysis below, which allows us to research global sentiments across a multitude of topics related to this site’s specific keyword domain name. Additionally, when possible, this site references the content above to provide on-demand (multilingual) translations and/or to power its “Read Article to Me” feature, which reads the content aloud to visitors. Where applicable, this site also auto-generates a “References” section, which appends the content above by listing all mentioned links. Views expressed in the content above are solely those of the author(s). We do not endorse, offer to sell, promote, recommend, or, otherwise, make any statement about the content above. We reference the content above for your “reading” entertainment purposes only. Review “DMCA & Terms”, at the bottom of this site, for terms of your access and use as well as for applicable DMCA take-down request.
Acquire this Domain
You can acquire this site’s domain name! We have nurtured its online marketing value by systematically curating this site by the domain’s relevant keywords. Explore our content network – you can advertise on each or rent vs. buy the domain. Buy@TLDtraders.com | Skype: TLDtraders | +1 (475) BUY-NAME (289 – 6263). Thousands search by this site’s exact keyword domain name! Most are sent here because search engines often love the keyword. This domain can be your 24/7 lead generator! If you own it, you could capture a large amount of online traffic for your niche. Stop wasting money on ads. Instead, buy this domain to gain a long-term marketing asset. If you can’t afford to buy then you can rent the domain.
We are Internet Investors, Developers, and Franchisers – operating a content network of several thousand sites while federating 100+ eCommerce and SaaS startups. With our proprietary “inverted incubation” model, we leverage a portfolio of $100M in valued domains to impact online trends, traffic, and transactions. We use robotic process automation, machine learning, and other proprietary approaches to power our content network. Contact us to learn how we can help you with your online marketing and/or site maintenance.